River Street Apartment, housekeeping amendments lead meeting
The Trousdale County Commission will take up second readings on rezoning requests as well as appoint new members to two committees at its February meeting.
There will also be a couple budget amendments on the table, both for the Highway Department, according to Chairman Mark Beeler. He noted that the budget amendments will not require any new money.
"These are basically housekeeping budget amendments," he said. "One deals with insurance recovery funds. They have received a payment for some type of insurance claim and we've got to appropriate the money for them to utilize. It will go back into their general budget."
The commission will address second readings of two rezoning requests, a request to re-zone and subdivide a 1.5 Acre Tract at the Corner of Hwy. 10 and Old Lafayette Road from A-1 to C-1 by Ronnie Earps as well as a request to re-zone a 1.6 Acre Tract at 356 River Street (East Drive) from R-1 to R-3 by Michael Dies. There will be a public hearing regarding these rezoning items, said Beeler.
"Anyone who wishes to speak for or against them will be allowed to at the public hearing and we will take a vote," Beeler said.
Other items on the agenda are:
- Board, Commission, and/or Committee Appointments: Add Craig Moreland and Demetrice Mitchell to Economic Development Committee
- Judicial Commissioner Appointment – Bobby Joe Lewis
- Resolution No. 2013-06-309 Establishment of a Local Audit Committee
- Resolution No. 2013-07-310 Declare Surplus Equipment – Highway Dept.
- Resolution No. 2013-08-311 Declare Surplus Equipment – Sheriff Dept.
The commission will meet in a work session at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.